|Home made Naan (flat bread)|
This recipe is really quick!
You will need
1 large non stick pan
1 medium size pan of salted water for rice
Ingredients for curry
200 grams of cooked prawns
Finely sliced root ginger
1 ounce of ground coriander
1 ounce of cumin
1 tin of plum tomatoes
1 whole birds eye chilli finely chopped
1 small onion finely chopped
A glug of oil
2 ounces of butter
A dash of tomato ketchup
Some fresh coriander leaves to garnish
1) Melt the butter and oil in frying pan when it's starting to sizzle add the onion, garlic, chilli , ginger and ground coriander.
2) Then add the tinned tomatoes ground black pepper and a dash of tomato ketchup!
3) Let it simmer gently for 10 minutes then add the cooked prawns.
1) In the saucepan add 1 cup of your preferred rice I use Jasmine, to 2 cups of cold water .
2) Set pan on high heat and give a quick stir, as soon as rice is boiling turn off the heat place a tight lid on pan and let the rice absorb the water gently without going sticky.
To make Naan Breads
1 cup of flour
1 pkt dry yeast
2 tsp of salt
1 cup of hot water
1 cup of plain yogurt
1 free range egg
2 tbs of oil
1 tbs of sugar/honey
1/2 cup of flour for dusting
1) Combine cup of flour yeast salt into a mixing bowl stir in the water, yogurt, egg, oil and sugar/honey.
2) Beat until smooth,stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
3) Turn out onto a floured surface and knead to form a stiff dough like bread.
4) Continue to knead until dough becomes smooth and elastic. Takes about 5 minutes.
5) Place dough back into an oil coated bowl, cover and leave somewhere warm to rise to double its size.
6) Punch down the dough and cut into 8 balls, roll out each dough ball and place on a baking sheet and bake at 450 F Gas mark 3 for roughly 8 minutes.
There is no second rising of the dough as this is a flat bread.